Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Diablo 3 Legendary Item List



Diablo 3 Legendary Drops
So I’ve played quite a lot of Diablo 3 this past few weeks. What about you? I’ve played so much that I’ve got ‘lucky’ 3 times! The gods of RNG favoured me with 3 fine, legendary items and then, fickle as they are, deserted me when it came to the stats. It’s hard to put a finger on the feeling you get when you see these items drop. I mean there is a concern that legendary items  are common in Diablo 3 (something Blizzard might correct) but I’ve seen thousands of magic items andhundreds of rare items and I’ve only seen those lovely orange letters thrice. It’s still awesome to see them drop.  Here’s my own, personal Diablo 3 Legendary Item List:
Blind Faith
Diablo 3 Legendary Item Blind Faith
My first legendary item. Horrible. The epitome of thinking you’ve found something good only to have it go bad. Like finding money while out walking, picking it up and then discovering it’s coated in something indescribably horrible… a bit like that but given those stats, probably worse.
The Executioner
Diablo 3 Legendary Weapon The Executioner
I was on  a level 20 Barbarian when this one dropped so I’ll confess I got excited. When I identified it and skimmed the stats I nearly gasped, for you see I read ‘Dexterity’ as ‘Strength’ and the other stats are quite nice. For a moment I was thinking I’d actually be able to run around with a legendary equipped as an upgrade. Alas, as you can see from the damage comparison with the rare 1 handed weapon I had equipped, it was not to be.
Pus Spitter 
Diablo 3 Legendary Item Pus Spitter
I’ll admit, this one could be an upgrade for many users in and around Act I Inferno (where I was gold farming when this dropped). There’s a touch of irony to this particular drop. I have already used Pus Spitter from level 59 to 60, the end of Hell and start of Inferno. I found it on the auction house – it has nice statistics for a DH – for a steal. It’s got a touch higher dps and a touch lower iAS (increased attack speed). It’s also very common and tends to have these affixes – therein lies the rub…
The stat spread isn’t that random (so it’s good, but every time it drops – it’s good) so instead of being hobbled by random stats like the other two examples above, you have a market saturated with relatively decent Pus Spitters… but I’m still quite fond of this item because, when I’m out of hatred and spamming Elemental Arrow it defaults to the standard shooting animation which is awesome. You see, the Pus Spitter fires BATS not arrows. This is very, very important.
… Pus Spitter
Another Legendary Crossbow - Pus Spitter
I’ve not sold any of my legendary items.  For obvious reasons. One is a hodge podge of stats that your gran would turn her nose up at. Another is for agile Barbarians who like being dextrous (NONE). And two are very similar legendary 2 handed crossbows… they’re decent, reliable… but mass produced. Like a BMW. I want the Ferrari of legendaries to drop. But I think I’ll have to wait! What legendary tales of woe are you guys sitting on? Share your tales in our forums!
Ray

1 comment:

  1. And two are very similar legendary 2 handed crossbows… they’re decent, reliable… but mass produced. Like a BMW. I want the Ferrari of legendaries to drop. But I think I’ll have to wait! What legendary tales of woe are you guys sitting on? Share your tales in our forums!gw2 gold
    cheap guild wars 2 gold

    ReplyDelete